Adopt a Family Program
The Down Syndrome Association of Delaware is hosting our fourth annual Adopt-A-Family Program this Holiday Season!
If you know a Down Syndrome Association of Delaware family in need or are a DSA family in need, we want to help you! Please note that while we would love to assist all families in need, DSA cannot guarantee all registered families will be matched. This program is only open to families of individuals with Down syndrome.
To be Adopted:
- Eligibility: We are currently only able to serve families who are registered members of the Down Syndrome Association of Delaware. Whether you are in financial hardship or are navigating medical complexities- we’d like to help you.
- Gift Pick Up/Delivery Guidelines: Please be responsive in DSA’s attempts to contact you regarding gift pickup/delivery. Failure in response could forfeit your opportunity to receive gifts for your family.
- DSA will review all applications submitted by the deadline of Wednesday, November 15, 2023. You will be notified when you have been matched with a donor. If you are matched, DSA will contact you to set up gift pick up or delivery by a DSA team member, a volunteer, or the donor themselves.
- *Si habla español y necesita ayuda para completar la solicitud, comuníquese con Ari Avila al email@example.com.
To access the 2023 Adopt A Family Application, please email Nancy Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Adopt a Family:
- By agreeing to adopt one of our families you are making a commitment to provide that family with enough gifts to give them a meaningful holiday. You understand that all of the families to be adopted are in need of extra help this holiday season. Families requesting to be adopted have submitted an application and been approved.
- After agreeing to be a donor, you will be contacted with more information once all families have submitted their applications. We hope to have all families matched with a donor by Monday, November 20, 2023. The wish list that the families provide is meant to be a guide in helping you give items that are truly needed or desired in order to give these families a reason to rejoice this holiday season! The suggested gift range is $35-$50 per person.
- In order to respect the privacy of our families, gifts will be dropped off to the DSA of DE by Monday, December 11, 2023.
- GIFTS MUST BE LABELED AND WRAPPED
- YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE A DETAILED LIST OF WHAT ITEMS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED, SO THAT THE PARENT/GUARDIAN KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT
- IF YOU ARE PURCHASING CLOTHING ITEMS, PLEASE INCLUDE A GIFT RECEIPT FOR SIZE EXCHANGES
If you would like to lend a helping hand this holiday season please email Nancy Bennett at email@example.com to adopt a family!