June 2022: We’re Hiring!
Please reach out to Lauren Camp Gates, Executive Director at 302-995-1004 or via email at email@example.com with any questions.
The Café Kitchen Manager will report directly to the Executive Director. The position would begin September 6, 2022 with 2-3 flexible training days in July at a rate of $15 an hour. The café is closed for the month of August. Consulting and training is available from the Executive Chef during the transition.
The facility maintains a café with made-to-order and pre-ordered foods, as well as a gift shop with various items made by adults with Down syndrome. The DSA Cafe has paid interns who are adults with Down syndrome who are developing their workplace experience in order to be placed in competitive integrated jobs.
Current Café Hours:
Monday, not open to public, flexible hours for prep (hours vary and at your discretion) Tuesday 9:00am-6:30pm (expectation of hours to report, 8am-6:30pm)
Wednesday 9:00am-5:00pm (expectation of hours to report, 8am-5:00pm)
Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm (expectation of hours to report, 8am-5:00pm)
Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (expectation of hours to report, 8am-5:00pm)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Works in conjunction with Café General Manager (who manages café front end) to ensure proper delivery of orders and quality of food.
• Orders materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
• Monitors inventory levels and performs weekly inventory assessments.
• Works with the Café General Manager to price and change menu items.
• Stores all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Ensures the kitchen is clean and organized.
• Preps catering orders as needed.
• Practices culinary skills with interns (adults with Down syndrome)
Intern Job Descriptions: