This 5-day camp teaches individuals of all different abilities how to ride a two-wheel bicycle without training wheels. It is truly an amazing experience for both participants and volunteers.
Camp accepts 25 riders on a first-come, first-served basis. Riders attend the same 75 minute session each day for 5 consecutive days.
Requirements for Participation (Rider must meet all of below criteria):
· Minimum age – 8 years old
· Able to sidestep to both sides
· Have a disability
· Able to attend camp all 5 days
· Able to walk without assistive device
· Maximum weight 220 lbs.
· Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
· Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
When: July 19 – July 23, 2021
Where: St. Edmond’s Academy (2120 Veale Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810)
Camp Times: There are 5 sessions offered each day:
8:30 AM, 10:05 AM, 11:20 AM, 2:00 PM and 3:35 PM
Fee: $200. If you are unable to pay and would like to request a scholarship, please complete this form.
*Priority will be given to DSA of DE families until June 1.
The DSA of DE reserves the right to cancel camps at any time for any reason, especially as circumstances change with COVID. The CDC recommended guidelines will be followed.